Blog Sem Fins Lucrativos, somente com o intuito de divulgar a carreira do piloto Bruno Senna e o IAS. Carol Lo Re

segunda-feira, 17 de novembro de 2008

Bruno Senna Barcelona test report, day 1


Honda runs a dual test programme with Test & Reserve Driver Alex Wurz and the two young Brazilians Bruno Senna and Lucas di Grassi.
Date: Monday 17 November

Track: Circuit de Catalunya, Spain

Drivers: Alex Wurz / Lucas Di Grassi / Bruno Senna
No of Laps: 77 laps / 48 laps / 39 laps

Best Lap Time: 01:21.198 / 1:25.512 / 1:24.343

Kilometres Covered: 763.5kmTrack Length: 4.655km
Weather: Cold and sunny

Ambient Temperature: Lunchtime 13°CTrack Temperature: Lunchtime 26°C
The Honda Racing F1 Team returned to the test track today just two weeks after the 2008 season finale in Brazil as the Formula One teams travelled to the familiar testing venue of the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona to commence preparations for the 2009 season.
The three-day test will see the Honda team run two programmes. Alex Wurz and Jenson Button will focus on the development of the 2009 car whilst the team also evaluates young Brazilians Lucas Di Grassi and Bruno Senna.
Alex kicked off the main test programme evaluating various aerodynamic components for next season and running the Bridgestone Potenza slick tyres. Jenson will take over the car tomorrow to complete the final two days of the test.
Lucas was the first of the young drivers to complete his half-day familiarisation programme this morning. He went out for an initial run on grooved tyres to acclimatise to the car before the team fitted used slicks for the remainder of the session. After lunch, Bruno took to the track for his first ever drive in a Formula One car. He followed the same programme as Lucas, starting on grooved tyres before moving to used slick tyres midway through the session.
Lucas will complete a full day of running tomorrow with Bruno taking over the car on Wednesday.
ALEX WURZ“The view from the cockpit is just so much nicer with slick tyres on the car! As a driver, I prefer the driving style with slicks so I am happy that the change has finally come, even if it is too late for me to race with them. My focus for today was on gathering information on the tyres whilst running various 2009 downforce levels. We have come away with good answers and a clear direction so I am pleased with the work that we achieved. It was nice to see the two young guys in action with Honda today. Both understood the car very quickly but how they develop from here with a full day in the car will be important.”
LUCAS DI GRASSI“My first day in the Honda car has been a good experience. The focus of my half day programme today has been to get the best possible feeling for the car ahead of my full day tomorrow. One of us had to be the first out on track today and that was me, but this morning the track was really very ‘green’ and took a while to improve. I ran with slick tyres for the first time and in a car that is both new to me and which had a combination of 2008 and 2009 aero elements, so it was a totally new experience for me but a very enjoyable one. Today I have been using old tyres, running with low downforce and working through a variety of set-ups. Tomorrow will be a better test of what I am capable of.”
BRUNO SENNA“The first day of my first Formula One test has been just as big a moment as I expected it to be. I have also had a lot of fun and really enjoyed myself. This morning I focused on doing as much as I could to prepare for my turn. I listened to the team radio and watched and learned how the team works. I was feeling quite calm but on my first lap out of the garage I realised the significance of the moment. This is a very special opportunity and one which has been a dream my whole life. The team were great and left it to me to find my level, but by the end of my second run I was feeling very much at home in the car. There were lots of new sensations as the gearshifts, engine power and aerodynamics compared to a GP2 car were all very different. I need a few adjustments to be fully comfortable in the car for Wednesday but generally I am feeling good. Obviously my full day is when everything will count but I am very pleased with what I achieved today and the more laps I do, the quicker I’ll be hopefully. A great, great day for me and I am incredibly grateful to the Honda team for making it possible.”
RESULTS (All timings are unofficial)
1. Takuma Sato (Toro Rosso) 1:20.763 (121 laps)

2. Sebastien Buemi (Toro Rosso) 1:21.071 (117 laps)

3. Alex Wurz (Honda Racing F1 Team) 1:21.198 (77 laps)

4. Pedro De La Rosa (McLaren) 1:21.417 (65 laps)

5. Gary Paffett (McLaren) 1:21.956 (78 laps)

6. Luca Badoer (Ferrari) 1:22.038 (94 laps)

7. Robert Kubica (BMW) 1:22.341 (56 laps)

8. Sebastien Loeb (Red Bull) 1:22.503 (82 laps)

9. Nelson Piquet (Renault) 1:22.560 (80 laps)

10. Christian Klien (BMW) 1:22.883 (53 laps)

11. Nico Hulkenberg (Williams) 1:23.467 (116 laps)

12. Tonio Liuzzi (Force India) 1:23.794 (86 laps)

13. Adrian Sutil (Force India) 1:23.832 (88 laps)

14. Marc Gene (Ferrari) 1:24.177 (32 laps)

15. Bruno Senna (Honda Racing F1 Team) 1:24.343 (39 laps)

16. Giedo Van Der Garde (Renault) 1:24.908 (32 laps)

17. Lucas Di Grassi (Honda Racing F1 Team) 1:25.512 (48 laps)


BRUNO SENNA "O primeiro dia do meu primeiro teste de Fórmula Um, foi apenas um momento tão grande quanto eu esperava que fosse. Também tive muita diversão e realmente me gozavam. Esta manhã, incidiu sobre fazer tanto quanto eu podia para preparar a minha vez. Ouvi a equipe do rádio e vi e aprendi como a equipe trabalha. Eu estava me sentindo bastante calmo, mas no meu primeiro colo para fora da garagem, compreendi o significado do momento. Esta é uma oportunidade muito especial e um que tenha sido um sonho minha vida inteira. A equipe estavam empolgante e deixei-me a encontrar o meu nível, mas até o final da minha segunda passagem Eu estava me sentindo muito em casa, no carro. Havia muitas e novas sensações como a gearshifts, a potência do motor e aerodinâmica, em comparação com um carro GP2 e todos muito diferentes. Preciso de alguns ajustes para ser totalmente confortável no carro para quarta-feira, mas geralmente estou sentindo bem. Obviamente meu pleno dia é quando tudo vai contar, mas estou muito satisfeito com aquilo que eu hoje alcançado o mais voltas e eu faço, eu vou ser o mais rápido eu espero. Um grande, grande dia para mim e estou extremamente grato à equipe Honda para tornar isso possível. "